There is a non electric door handle if one bothers to learn about a car first.  Personally if I’m in a car with an electric door release I want to know how to get out manually - especially if it can do 150 in 9 seconds. 
 These Tesla stories remind me of all the Trump arrest ‘is immediately going to happen this time’. Next thing you know it is explained and goes away. Someday people will conclude that narratives exist to make people click and to stir shit up.  I am always amuse by those who go play along and amplify the narrative.  Reminds me of the ‘wave’ at the ballpark.  It’s irresistible.  And of course the investigation will take place and lawyer smell money. ‘They are all over it’ 

But back to planet earth. Tesla car fires are 10x less likely than ICE car fires (they do burn 10x as long seemingly). If this was using the new battery cells it might be a bigger story but these are old and known tech with cooling and safety improvements so while statically speaking it seems huge to have one in 250 burn down to dust and rubble - and makes one hell of a click sandwich - I would take the wait and see attitude we have learned to apply to most other topics which are not as exciting.  
Meanwhile enjoy and happy 🇺🇸 4th of July. 

Btw rumor has it that the owner had an accident driving recklessly which caused the damage and resulted in the fire. This is according to witnesses. It will be interesting to see what Teslas data shows. So far Tesla data in these cases has been excellent and then the story goes away.  As I mentioned there will be people hurting themselves, others and the cars. To assume all of them will take responsibility and not blame Tesla is amusing. Maybe keep that in mind.