ISUK, as I said, I AM putting auto A/C on my car, but when I sold the cars almost 3 years ago, A/C was a total option, not standard as it is now....hence the reason I am asking for peoples opinion. I know what my opinion is.......

Totally agree that colour and basics (leather, 18's, a/c) are the very least on a car, but still maintain the boxster isn't quick enough for PASM. ANyway on the test car I drove I really couldn't feel the benefit of it (demo was a 18'' shod car).

I haven't driven the new car at night, so can't vouch for the benefit of Xenons on the new car. The reason most people specced Litronic on the 986 (pre facelift) was to get rid of the horrible orange plastic on the headlights. Thats not a factor anymore on the new car, so am really needing a drive at night to see if the Xenons are the biz.

Certainly the time I have spent looking at spec suggest the the new 2.7 is considerably better value than the S compared to the same models in the 986 series. The 'old' S had MUCH better brakes (not so any more, can't say how chuffed I am to see X-drilled brakes on the 2.7), leather, A/C and many other touches including two decent sized exhaust pipes in order to give the car a better look from the rear. I have to say the new twin pipes are a little bit girly compared to the outgoing car, and unfortunately the Tequipment option looks the same, just finished in chrome.

Shame.

Otherwise, the new car is SO much better looking than the old car. It has taken a bit of a beating in the press for its looks, but I think Porsche have got it just right.