J.Seven:

Maybe Lamborghini has made some adjustments to these last units on front suspension, compared to the first units who were criticize for having to much understeer. Amazing time.

They did, no more understeer. The R8 also doesn't have understeer but the street tires PZero R01 weaken fast when driven hard on the track and the understeer comes back. The optional Cup 2 is a bit better, for a couple of rounds but after that, it weakens as well. The Trofeo R would fit the R8 (20'' rims) but it isn't officially available for the car and difficult to get.

With the new PZero R02 (new PZero compound developed by Pirelli), the PZero is rumored to be as capable as the Cup 2 tires without compromising in the wet. We'l see...I'm getting my R02 early August.

I also noticed that dry performance is very sensitive to tire pressure on the R8. The "comfort" tire pressure (for speeds under 270 kph) is better suitable for fast rounds, the higher "high speed" tire pressure (for speeds over 270 kph) is very sensitive to steering input and the car oversteers more and switches to some understeer once the tires are too hot.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)