Carlos from Spain:

Its called supply and demand, the GT3 is in high demand for the production is has being a GTx model. Frankly I don't think you are really interested in a GT3 to be proactive enough to get one, otherwise you would of had several by now in the span of those 20 years.

Also I don't see the problem with dealerships selling high demand models to their best customers first, that is completely fair, and good for those customers and those are likely not jackasses that don't know how to drive btw, what I don't agree is with some shady practices like dealerships selling to flippers (the jackasses) for a cut on the resale, that should be heavily punished by Porsche, though we know it isn't.

Then maybe tell people on waiting lists not to bother being on a list. Of course if they refuse any deposits and tell you all you can do is be on their list and the allocation is right around the corner then they are just lying.   They don’t want me to buy anywhere else but have no plans to sell me one.  
I don’t see any problem either with them selling to anyone they want or any price. But don’t lie to me for 20 years.  There is no excuse for that.  
Porsche is likely reading this exchange and many other just like it from me. Do I hear my dealer calling me?  Crickets. 
Last time i took my car in for a sunroof fix they put two dents in my roof from the inside out, handed me my car back and accused me of putting in the dents. How?  As thought I would not have noticed them as soon as I looked at the car - as they would have it I brought it in like that.  Shop mechanic told me straight faced he did not do it even though he was the only one in there since that car was built. 
My opinion at this point is they are only interested in rich fools they can part with their money.  Drivers who enjoy their products and know how to use them need not bother.