Whoopsy:

There are many over at Rennlist that got a new car out of state. At MSRP no less.

You aren't trying hard enough. 

You bought your car from the same dealership 40 years ago? And In between not a single purchase?

That's like have a lunch at a cafe 40 years ago, but you stop by to chat with the waiter once in a while but never go for another meal, and 40 years later the cafe became a 'in' place and you wanted a dinner reservation and they don't give you the table and you got pissed. 

I never bought a car from them. They did some services while under warranty.   As I said the only car I want from them is a gt3. New. Waiting list since 996.  Are you serious that I need to buy other cars to buy this one?  I know this is true and maybe some seem this is reasonable.   It may be an indication you are part of a cult if you think this a wise decision.   
I think being put on a waiting list to just wait is fucked up.  Period. For anyone much less someone who has driven 911s all his life and spent tons of money on Porsches doing it. Screw that dealer and Porsche.  Pardon me if I’m pissed. Maybe you get a sense why Tesla is winning. 
I do need to create a book of your analogies. That one was a total miss.  More like I ordered a coffee 20 years ago, I’m standing in line watching others with bigger orders for 20 years step ahead of me and be served.  So I went to a drinking fountain.