Carlos from Spain:

But we have seen Nick critize Porsche plenty of times, being very honest, he calls it as he sees it. Also he has/had cars from all the different brands, just not Tesla, so there is no protecting any investment. For some a Tesla makes sense, but on the other hand there doesn't need to be a obscure reason for someone not to like Teslas, that is the point I'm trying to make, they are very particular cars that are not for everyone.

It's ok Carlos. When I describe something I am not putting on a Porsche hat or a Tesla hat. I try to see things from the general public's point of view. Not from a minority's point of view.

Joe Smith or Jane Doe down the road only sees an EV has a certain range, and it takes really long to recharge the battery and there aren't enough chargers like gas stations. That's their point of view. They also would be driving an automatic car instead of manual, so the 'engine braking' feel of lift off regen would be a foreign concept to them and not natural at all. They are not going to adjust their style to fit a car, they will find a car that fits. A Tesla fan boy would find that weird, as they can adjust their style to the car, why can't others. They forgot the fact that they WANTED to be the early adopters, so they don't mind adjusting to the car. The general public don't have such behaviour. They won't buy a Civic for Home Depot runs. IF they use the Tesla fan mentality, they would claim yeah it works, I just have to make multiple trips and using the roof as extra storage. But normal people would just say well if I do those runs a lot, a pickup truck would make much more sense than buying a Civic. Simple logic. 

--