Tim:
Leawood911:
Whoopsy:

Or Tesla can develop proper blended hybrid braking instead.

It's not about hanging up on old tech, it ain't broken why fix it? Why do Teslas kept the steering wheel? Why don't they switch it to a touch screen steering? Or using a fighter jet stick? Or why do they still uses 'old tech' gas pedal?

They way a Tesla drives is basically driving a normal car in first gear, jerking along the way. 

Blended braking?  That’s a joke. Any braking done by the pads rather than the motor wastes power that could go to the batteries instead.  There is no good reason why Porsche can’t give people the choice and I bet they will soon.  Tesla has the best of both worlds - use all the brakes you want - but after about an hour you see it makes no sense at all to use brakes rather then regen. None. Unless you like sitting and charging.  It’s like hybrid thinking which is perhaps the explanation in your case. 
Gee. In case you have not noticed they are all about getting rid of all of those things and allowing people to enjoy the free time. 
Maybe if Porsche could master one pedal driving they would get more than 200 miles of range?  Lol. 
If there is a smoother car to drive I don’t know of it. I call it my magic carpet.   I have zero clue about what you are talking about when say it is jerky or in first gear. Seriously weird 

Sorry, that's just silly. Blended braking is clearly the superior concept as it involves no decision on part of the driver on how to decelerate. As far as I understand it the Porsche will start recuperation when you press the brake pedal and only use the physical brakes if it cannot decelerate quickly enough. So in real life most of the braking is done through recuperation even though the driver is not aware of this. It's also my understanding that the Porsche can recuperate way more energy than the Tesla (too lazy to look it up). The fact that Porsche was able to calibrate the braking system in such a way that you can't tell when it's recuperating vs. braking is clearly more advanced than the Tesla way. 
That being said, both brands should offer the option to switch between one-pedal driving and the conventional approach IMO as there are drivers who prefer one over the other.   

The number you looking for is 265kW/hr. That's 355 hp of stopping power just from the regenerative braking alone when one step on the brakes. Up to 0.4g of the braking is done this way.

--