Quote:
RC said:
Quote:
alin2 said:
But, RC, don't bash Lexus until you have seen a dealership, experienced the dealership service and attitude, and driven one of their incredibly well built cars/trucks.

I can't comment on Lexus dealer service in the US because you're right, I didn't experience it. But I drove several Lexus limousines and I wasn't impressed at all. On the contrary, it reminded me of a Mercedes S class copy, can't help it. Lexus isn't very succesful in Europe, we still consider it to be a renamed Toyota.

Regarding the Cayenne Turbo: it is NO substitute whatsoever for a sports car. NEVER. The throttle hesitation, according to Porsche a feature and not a flaw , is very annoying for such a powerful car and the weight, the excessive fuel consumption make it look very bad compared to real sports cars or even high power limousines. BUT: I needed a SUV with room for my family (2 kids, one wife, no dog ) AND a toy car for myself because I knew I wouldn't be able to drive a sports car all the time anymore. The E55 AMG was nice but not really what I looked for because the interior room was too small, same with luggage room. Not to speak about some little problems I had, especially with electronics. So far, the Cayenne Turbo has proven to be reliable and I really drive it hard. I'm afraid I can't say the same about Porsche service, my dealer is great but Porsche itself sucks regarding the Cayenne Turbo. I just received a "dear John" letter from them regarding the hesitation issue, the content in two short words: CASE CLOSED. Very very disappointing.

given the danger of projectiles in the rear cargo area, is it really safe to stack things any higher then the rear seats anyway? if it's not, is there really anymore storage space in the cargo area of the cayenne than there was in your E55? truth is, all these mini SUVs such as the Cayenne, ML, X5, GX and RX Lexus, etc really provide no additional storage over the sedan made by the same manufacturer in that range (with the exception of the Porsche only because they don't have a sedan - yet).

the reason we bought ours was because at the factory track in leipzig at triple digits, the truck drifted around the corner instead of rolling (though the brakes were clearly warped and pulsing hard as a result of putting that kind of weight through those kinds of conditions). that and the ride height combined with the weight were our primarily reasons for chosing the SUV over a sedan (all three reasons primarily safety based). however, given the oil and tire usage combined with no incrimental storage benefit over a sedan, the eventual cayenne replacement will be a sedan if we still only have one kid and an LX Lexus if we have two. the luxury SUV should not be a PIA (adding oil monthly+ and bi-annual dealing with full tire replacement - not to mention the brake pad consumption you experienced that we have not yet). i mean really, what does the cayenne do better than an E55 or M5 besides generating maintenance and gobbling gas and tires?