Quote:
VKSF said:
Carlos, I thought you had recently verified on this board that one 997S had documented RMS...no? Are RC's comments above indicating that PAG disputes the diagnosis?

I posted the invoice of a 997S owner ("infestation") who posted it in another forum were it says that RMS and intermediate shaft seals were replaced due to oil leak. So for me this is confimation enough, yes, for me. However this does not confirm that the 996/986 RMS leak issue is present on the 997 yet, there is not enough evidence for that yet (as some may intentionally lead people to believe). It may be present in the 997/987 for what we know, but there is not enough cases (nor 997 sold to owners) yet to prove its as prevalent in the 997/987 as in the 996/986. There are GT3's who have had RMS leaks, it can happen to any car, but not in the ridiculous abundance as in the 996/986 and that is waht needs to be proven yet. The good thing is that if the 997/987 inherited the RMS issue, we will hear about it in time since many case will start to appear, and if its not present then we will only hear about a RMS leak here and there every so often and thats it. I know some people are actually wishing the RMS issue continues in the 997 and will jump to conclusions, but so far we don't have enough info yet. Now, if you ask my personal opinion, I'm not too optimistic about the RMS issue being fixed in the 997, maybe on the 997S but still. I find hard to believe Porsche would not fix it and have the nerve to carry it over to the 997, but then again I never though it would go on in the 996/986 for 7 year unfixed when I first heard about it in the first year models.