Quote:
RC said:
ben, sorry to say that but you're talking BS. I watched your posts for a long time now and all you do is criticizing, bragging and whining.
In my opinion, you're better off with a Lexus or Ford (they offer excellent customer service for their F150 trucks, right? ).

The RMS issue is NOT a common thing on the 997. In fact, to my knowledge, there hasn't been one single CONFIRMED RMS issue yet on the 997. If I would trust what dealers or mechanics say, I would have ended up driving a...Lexus.

I know many many 997 in customer hands and up til now there is no "issue" like for example the throttle hesitation on the Cayenne Turbo (which is annoying but not really something people have to worry about).
I know of several 997 which had their clutch exchanged, maybe due to the fact that some of them were dealer demo cars which went to customers.
There is no perfect car, among 1000 cars there can always be one with a broken engine or electronics problems.
So far, my 997 Carrera S has been trouble free and unlikely others, I was driving this car in deep winter time and under almost any imaginable driving conditions. And trust me, I don't drive it like a Lexus.

The internet is a great source of information but unfortunately it is also the best source for gossip, false statements, rumours, conspiracy theories and even lies.
I don't say that the RMS thing can't happen on the 997, I just say that there is no confirmed case yet and I give a damn on what a dealer or mechanic says because in my opinion, 90% of them don't have a clue about the cars they're selling or maintaining. If would be Porsche, I would do every 6 months some sort of EXAMS to test my mechanics and dealers if they actually ever read the information they get from the factory. Sounds crazy? We're talking about products which could put life in danger, a doctor also has to read his specialty magazines to be able to learn the latest information about methods and drugs. I expect the same from the guys who take care of my 180 mph toy.

Wow, that must be some pharmacy school in Europe you attended where they obviously teach students like you more about Porsches than Porsche even teaches their mechanics.

Yep, you were one of the lying diehards (re: your Cayenne posts) to which I was referring who was slaped in the face by two 997 RMS failures by their owners yet you still deny it even exists. Hey, whatever makes you ok with in your mind with your 997 purchase is fine with me.