996FourEss:

Sorry if this is a redundant question, but for the chaps that track their cars here, what is latest thinking re steel brakes vs ceramics? Does the above change it at all? FWIW, I ordered steel ones on my GT4 b/c thought this was the conventional thinking if you wanted to go on track at some point.  I am lined up to do the Precision Driving course in June and the two day Master-class in Sept, will start to try the whole track thing there-after. So obviously can’t change the GT4 selection, BUT, if  I did get a crack at a GT3 build (or win the lottery!), should I go with the ceramics or stick with the steel like I did on the GT4. Thanks in advance

If you track and costs are part of the equation, there is no hesitation. Steel. You will not be slower because of them and you will never worry about them.  I would say 90% of the track guys use them Some who start with the PCCB change  them for steel.

If you only track 2 or 3 days a year, then PCCB would probably be good too. Giving you a lighter front and some extra bite. 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS