996FourEss:

Sorry if this is a redundant question, but for the chaps that track their cars here, what is latest thinking re steel brakes vs ceramics? Does the above change it at all? FWIW, I ordered steel ones on my GT4 b/c thought this was the conventional thinking if you wanted to go on track at some point.  I am lined up to do the Precision Driving course in June and the two day Master-class in Sept, will start to try the whole track thing there-after. So obviously can’t change the GT4 selection, BUT, if  I did get a crack at a GT3 build (or win the lottery!), should I go with the ceramics or stick with the steel like I did on the GT4. Thanks in advance

One should never ever pay to get ceramic brakes. It't not worth paying for it, Ever Porsche's steel ones are superior to anything else.

If my car happens to come with them standard it's fine, but I would never check that option box. 

The advantage of ceramic over steel is that on it looks better as they are bigger, and no brake dust to speak off.

Down side to being bigger is that stones and rocks might get trapped between the disc and the wheel barrel, and will scratched up the wheel. The myth on having a pebble trapped between the disk and the pad would ruin the disc is unfounded. Ceramic discs are as hard as diamond, so any rocks, stones, pebbles that got trapped would be grounded to dust. Never seen a scratched ceramic disc, but I have seen plenty of scratched wheel barrels. 

--