Grant:
996FourEss:

Sorry if this is a redundant question, but for the chaps that track their cars here, what is latest thinking re steel brakes vs ceramics? Does the above change it at all? FWIW, I ordered steel ones on my GT4 b/c thought this was the conventional thinking if you wanted to go on track at some point.  I am lined up to do the Precision Driving course in June and the two day Master-class in Sept, will start to try the whole track thing there-after. So obviously can’t change the GT4 selection, BUT, if  I did get a crack at a GT3 build (or win the lottery!), should I go with the ceramics or stick with the steel like I did on the GT4. Thanks in advance

To me, it looks like they improved the iron brakes on the 992 while leaving the PCCB's the same.  Yet, the price of the PCCB option is now more than ever.  So if finances are a part of your decision, the PCCB's are now less desirable on that basis.  However, I know people who love them (less brake dust and very little fade and lighter).  But the iron ones work just as well (some people say better feel and better in the wet) and are cheaper to buy/replace with more pad options.  Irons for me again...

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

+1 I've had both. Stick with the iron. 

--

The purpose of life is to enjoy the moment.