Quote:
Carlos from Spain said:
Quote:
ben, lj said:again carlos, the fl poster to whom i am responding lives in Florida USA, not europe. i'm not sure if you're familiar with the climate, but snow would be considered the 10th wonder of the world there if it ever occured. most "daily drivers" in the US don't even have that "simple traction control" found in the ferrari.

why is everything a comparison between porsche and ...? i simply asked the fla poster to elaborate on his feeling the 360 was not a good daily driver since in that state and climate it is a bit baffling as in S. Cal. it's probably not a coincidence the top 4 p-car dealers in the country are in Fla with another of the top 5 being in CA. the concentration of f-cars in CA is probably about = to that in the balance of the country. in these climates, there is no excuse for them not being daily drivers unless you have small children to tote around which would be questionable in the 911 as well (especially with regard to storage). we are talking about sports cars afterall. maybe this is why the magazines often pick the M3 in their silly subjective comparison tests over the p-car because the M3 has back seats and a real trunk. i mean does everyone want the same thing out of their cars? if so, why don't we just have one manufacturer for the whole world making one model in one color with no options.

I lived in Ft Lauderdale for 2 years in my youth thats why I said that Fla would be one of those specific places were an F360 could be used a daily driver more so than in other places (although still for a less number of people than a than a 996), thats why I started my post as maybe in US but not in Europe.

Coincidently I can't think of many places more sterile to use a F360 as a daily driver than Florida. The roads are all flat and straight, there are no curves, just intersections. The average drivers are simply horrible, and all the lanes are blocked by a sheep-like herd of trucks, vans and SUVs and cars all driving at the same speed, talking on the phone, eating their lunch, etc. The road surfaces are poor. The last time I was there I almost popped a brain aneurism watching all this. It would simply be an agony.

hey carlos. the boring but very well maintained roads (just a lot of straights) in fla were a reason for our relocating to CA along with the weather.