Leawood911:
CGX car nut:

There’s a suspension recall involving the Taycan and other 2021 Porsche cars in the States too. https://www.autoblog.com/buy/2021-Porsche-Taycan/recalls/

Stuff happens. Even if it’s not your first rodeo. There don’t seem to be any reports of accidents or injuries so this is excellent proactive action which I applaud. I wonder how they discovered this and if the assembly process was automated. Perhaps it was given the number of models. One guy having a bad week would not touch so many models. It would be interesting if some big data reporting on the manufacturing process highlighted the issue. 
So I’m a bit of a data geek. 

Never stated otherwise and merely suggested a possible reason why Taycans are stacked up at dealerships in the EU in addition to a software update.  However, the extent of the recalled vehicles does allude to the limitations of Porsche's product tracking software at the plant level.  Porsche, as a precaution, recalled many more vehicles than the less than 400 units with the potentially defective fasteners.  Some automakers track every part, including fasteners installed, to a per unit level of granularity.