Quote:
RC said:
Just got this in today: the 997 Turbo is expected as a MY 2007 car around early summer 2006. Power should be around 480-490 HP in the base car, good news if true.
The not so good news: due to the optional(?) DSG gearbox and other features, the weight is rumoured to increase by around 40-60 kg. But this shouldn't be a problem, another rumour indicates that a 997 Turbo prototype already did below 7 min 50 sec on the Nordschleife and the setup isn't finished yet.

As always with rumours: take them with a grain of salt and DO NOT make your ordering or buying decisons based on such rumours. We may get more "accurate" rumours than others but this doesn't mean that we get the truth.

Wel 490 hp and PDK was what ams just stated. but I absolutely dislike this weight increase rumour. I know the horsepower is there, but if you move around a racetrack, the actual one already feels much to heavy ! and the horsepower doesnt make any difference to that. See the discussion above on the M5. nice car, but no sportscar!
Guess this makes the new gt3 even moreinteresting.

turbolite