Thanx for posting this article. It was a great article for showing the differences between the two cars, an SLK55 and Boxster.

I agree that those driving the Porsche remind me of wanna be James Deans, but I may add that those driving the 55s remind me more of James Bonds.

For being in the quaint English countryside with meandering roads and nothing but irresponsible cares, yes, it would be nice to only worry about feeling the road more, but in today's world, for those that need every bit of extra torque to dodge traffic and accidents on busy streets and fwys, and need a handy hard top in even marginal crime areas, it has to be the SLK55 they drive. Even as just a wknd car, in the real world, to get to the countryside for that pleasant drive, along with the enhanced ability to dodge various hwy opponents on the way, its nice to know, among other luxuries, you can have the top down on even brisk days with a warm, lovely scarf of air gently blowing around your neck while looking bright, new and gorgeous in your totally remodeled, revamped, stunning road machine.

And if rain is threatening, it is too easy to pull over and zap the top closed. What a wonderful feeling it is to have an instant, thick, hard wall between you and the elements. In less than a minute, problem solved. And you have handled the situation beautifully, you are now in a rain car.

And for those that want their cake and like eating it too, they can have as much fun as the Porsche on those twisty roads with just a bit of modification, the cost being less than tax on the car. Just get a Brabus full racing suspension kit.

Both cars would end up at Granma's house, but the SLK55 driver, having a car with it all and nothing to be rebellious about, won't be sporting that James Dean chip on his shoulder, just a big, confident, has it all figured out James Bond grin