I think that the Porsche Panamera looks too refined, too sterile, too...German. angry It lacks that particular "je ne sais quoi" people expect from such cars, perfection can sometimes get boring.

However, I think that this car will sell very well, just look at the 991.2 Turbo S. People seem to want boring, they want a certain standard, a certain status quo, a certain class of product and they are willing to pay good money for it. The word bourgeois comes to my mind... 

My Audi R8 is a good example: Compare it to the Huracan and you get the message. The Audi R8 is basically a bourgeois version of the Huracan, as weird as this may sound. To many Germans, the R8 may look like something exotic but in reality, it satisfies the need of something less in your face vs. the Huracan. A Lamborghini for people who want to attract less attention. I cannot say I like it, even for me, the R8 is a bit too conservative (the rear is a bit too conservative and the front lights should have been a tiny bit less Audi-like) but after joining a neighborhood "block party" this weekend, I nailed it with the R8 (more about it in the R8 thread sooner or later).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)