dbf304:

Recently ordered a BMW and rather than halt production as many have done - components impacted were lumbar support and side bolster adjustment - they took their supply of parts and stretched it by removing those functions from the passenger seat. So the driver gets all the goodies, the passenger is out of luck. My order was impacted by this and only found out when the build sheet was presented and already in production without my sign off. Not pleased, but they made right and found a car that had just wrapped production with the components included and the specs I ordered plus one more feature that they ate  the cost on. Not all companies have the option of doing what BMW did as it is very component / chip specific, but interesting strategy. Upset a few and still keep the means of production moving or sell nothing and wait for inventory to return. Wish they were upfront about it during the order process given the shortage started in February and I placed my order mid March, but that is more tied to the dealer IMO. 

I am pretty sure the dealer was informed but... Smiley

Yes, clever...once the car is at the dealership and you see it, they can always convince you to take it as it is. Smiley

Porsche? Well, my dealer once messed up an order, forgot to order full leather (no kidding). It was a Boxster S. Car was custom ordered with red stitching, so he ordered all necessary factory parts and retrofitted the car with the missing parts once they arrived (six weeks or so later). Not sure how much this cost him but it was a very unpleasant situation for me and him. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)