Whoopsy:

We here are just pointing out the obvious. With your love of your Tesla you may not have noticed or just simply overlooked or just didn't want to look.

There are quite a few Porsche sites on the internet, every single one of them have threads or posts that have owners complaint about the 'deficit', 'shortcoming' of their purchases. But these posters don't get roasted by others. Same for Ferrari sites, Lambo sites, or even Kia sites. Things are completely different on a Tesla board, if you dare to post something negative about a Tesla, the poster will get constant stream of attacks. 

And if a negative Tesla topic popped up on a site, one or many posters, will blindly defend Tesla until the end of days. No Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo, whatever fanatic will do something like that, they would simply accept the criticism, which is most often, true, and move on. Life goes on, but that only applies to non-Tesla people, as Tesla people are like a cult following, they are blinded and can't see the light. 

No one here ever trashed your ownership of a Tesla. You said it many times, in your situation and in your usage, the Model 3 make sense. Cool. But you owning a Tesla doesn't means everyone else can't talk about what's bad on a Tesla, or what's perceived by a majority that's bad but you as an owner doesn't quite perceived as bad. 

Someone making death threats against another Tesla owner is quite real and scary, and you just wanted to downplay it as a publicity stunt?!?!?! We have disagreements here among members, but did you ever remotely see a death threat here?

Remember my Z4? I still have it, me and my gf enjoys it, but I got roasted by many, if not everyone here for buying one, did I ever get defensive about it? Or utter death threats to members that don't agreed with my choice? It's not the fastest thing, it's not the best handling thing, it's also way out of left field, and honestly, we picked it over a Boxster, which, for many here, is a better car. And I don't blindly defend the Z4 like you did to your Tesla. 

Maybe it has something to do with personal confidence and education? Smiley

I just got roasted by a guy in a closed Trackhawk Facebook group I am a member of. There was a drag race between the Urus, the Trackhawk and the Durango Hellcat and the Urus lost. Of course this caused some sort of general euphoria and heavy bashing of the Urus. I tried to explain to these guys that the Urus is not about straight line driving but the overall build quality, the fantastic interior, brakes, chassis and how it moves through curves and on the track.

I got heavily attacked for this by a Trackhawk owner, didn't expect that coming.  Smiley

I think if people lack the experience (or vision) to look over the edge of their own plate, this is what happens. 

I love my Trackhawk but I would take a Urus in a heartbeat if it would make sense for me. The Trackhawk is an affordable toy and family car but not even close to the overall quality and performance of the Urus. Winning a drag race from a stop light is fun but this doesn't define the overall experience with the Trackhawk. It is still an old gen US SUV with a monster engine. You can put lipstick on a pig but it stays a pig. The Trackhawk is fun to drive but mostly because of it's monster engine and because it flies under the radar, not because it is a fantastic track car. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)