JoeRockhead:

Volkswagen may be rebranding their cars in North America, where their EVs will wear a "Voltswagen" badge. 

Could very well be a joke, but:

https://driving.ca/volkswagen/auto-news/news/vw-will-reportedly-rebrand-its-ev-models-voltswagens-in-north-america

Smiley

We covered this yesterday in the Tesla thread (of course Smiley) and here is what I wrote:

Maybe this was an April Fools' Day joke leaking early? Smiley Smiley Smiley

Voltswagen...seriously? Are they nuts? Smiley

On the other hand, VW Group did exactly what I expected them for a very long time to do but they delayed it for whatever reason, maybe because of the pandemic or maybe because of Trump, I don't know.

Fact is now: VW Group is moving fast with EVs and this could put huge pressure on Tesla and by huge I mean huuuggggeee. They invest billions in EVs right now and will try to cover every possible angle, including the performance one.

Will be interesting to see but I have to admit that so far, the Americans (not only Tesla) have the more attractive EV products (for my taste).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)