nberry:
Wonderbar:

Seeking an honest answer. I no longer do track events, and don’t want a manual transmission. Is there a real reason for me to move from my current C4S to a GT3? I’m tempted, but for a harsher ride and a tiny bit of performance difference, is it really worth it for me?  Thanks in advance.

Test drive a GT3 and decide. Personally I have owned all the 911 models and the GT cars far exceed the rest in the “fun” factor. I wish Porsche would build a GT3 Targa. Smiley

Yes, the GT3 definitely delivers more fun than any Carrera model. No doubt. Especially now with Carrera biturbos and the GT3 still being n/a. This isn't about the engine only but about the whole package, including chassis and steering feel. Not everyone will like this though, some Porsche drivers prefer comfort over sportiness and if the comfort/sportiness ratio is too far away from comfort, some Porsche owners won't like it.

For a daily driver, I would probably get a 992 Turbo S convertible but for a weekend fun toy, GT3 or even GT3 RS all the way.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)