wantone:
Mithras:

Actually it's about 4-5 degrees colder on average through the winter and 4-5 degrees warmer in the summer in Toronto vs Zurich and -5/6 colder and 6/7 warmer than Geneva. The shoulder seasons of April & October /November are identical. Geneva and especially Zurich get significantly more precipitation throughout the year.

We don't make igloos in Toronto, it's the same latitude as Nice.

Most people don't have winter beaters, there are years I actually didn't bother putting on my snow tires.

Toronto is one of the most expensive real estate markets in the world, not London expensive but not cheap. Old, low clear height, small bay industrial buildings transact at about $2,000 per square meter. And parking spaces under my office building go for $700/month.

We don't make igloos in Toronto, it's the same latitude as Nice?

You must be kidding, right? Toronto is one of the colder winters in the western world (comparing major cities). Winter of 2003 we were inside for 3 months straight (every day from -14 to -25) and negative temps every year until end of March,  in 2018 there was an ice storm in mid April.

Real estate used to be cheap but they pumped the values through tricks. Anyway, if you need to store a car it is not difficult in Toronto, there are many commercial units that you can use (just outside of the 416 area).

and probably you never visited Nice...

That's why you are not Canadian. 

In those temperatures, people in Edmonton etc are just in t-shirts. Smiley

--