Gents,
I have an exciting news!
A good friend of mine who just ordered a 997S cab, got back recently from Porsche Camp 4 in Finland where he had an amazing time!
Needless to say, organisation was amazing, the cars great and most of all, the hostesses so hot it hurts! One of them was Miss Finland 2001.
I'm going next year and this time no excuse.
But most of all, two news, the first one is no scoop, the Porsche staff mentionned the Cayman a couple or times so confirmed here. Pretty cool!
3.4 Litres with 320 hp, the aim of the car is the revive the sporting spirit of the 911 of the 60s it's said internally, whatever that means, it's great news!
And pricewise, rumors seem to be confirmed, it'll be priced betweet the Boxster S and Carrera.
But the main news is that my friend met Wiedeking himself who was there for a few days with his wife and kids.
The guy apparently is amazing, very nice, really relaxed, and open.
They stayed at the bar one night late, drinking beers and gin tonic, and nothing in particular, Wiedeking was asking questions about the service of my friend's dealership, etc etc etc, then toward the end, he told him:
Well, wait for October, something will happened at Porsche that has never ever happened before in the history of the firm and even in the history of automobile!!!!!!!!!!!
My friend tried to find out more, if it was related to the Cayman, but Wiedeking pretended he never heard the name before! Smart man, he just said, the a new model is coming and that the presentation is going to blast everyone!!!
This is really exciting!!! The last time Porsche blew me away was with the Carrera GT concetp in Paris in 2000, nobody, absolutely nobody was expecting it!
I'm thinking, it can't be the Cayman, because everybody knows about it, the four door sedan? Also known, so we'll see. Or could it be the Cayman, but just so good that no one expects it?
But trust me guys, my friend is no liar, I know that, and he's not even crazy about cars like we are, he decided to go to camp 4 because his dealer had a spare place, so he wouldn't BS me.
Can't wait for Ocotober!