Leawood911:
the-missile:

On top of being charged, it also stays on floating mode when it is fully charged. A battery never stay at 100% on its own.

Interesting point. I often have wondered if the trickle charge you mention is cheaper than making a trip to go and get gas vs just plugging in at home. I know that for my turbo I still go past a few budget stations to get the higher quality gas from BP. If it costs me one half gallon ($1.50) to go get fuel I realize I could travel over 100 miles with my EV. And be quicker by a long shot. 
So my point is - the gas in your car does not magically appear. You spend gas to go get it. It also evaporates. 

You know your arguments are getting pretty desperate when you are factoring in the evaporation of the gas inside the closed tank indecision

Just as another perspective, the cost of getting the gas into the tank is about the cost of the gas that I spend driving 10m, about a tenth of a cent, which is the distance from the road to the fuel pump. I only stop at Repsol or BP, and the are countless on my way to wherever I'm driving before I need to refuel, can't remember the last time I had to go out of my route to get gas. And that is the case for most people, as the number of gas stations correlates with the numbers of people that need them.