SSO.:

Just posted a new karenable blog on ranking the 5 Ferrari modern icons: 288 GTO, F40, F50, Enzo, & LaFerrari

How would you rank them?

I have never been able to answer this question adequately and still can't as I have not had enough seat time in my LaFerrari (acquired  during Covid). However, like you it is easy for me to say what would be 5th - and that is the Enzo both from a looks point of view and driving experience. Looks wise 288 GTO and LaFerrari and F40 equal first (cop out I know). Gear shift is easy - F50. I guess brakes is LaFerrari just because they are so much more effective. Sound would be Laferrari or Enzo. Surprisingly for a car with an F1 engine, the F50 is not that bone shaking except with straight through pipes which a friend of mine had and sounded like Armageddon when I drove it. I would give steering to the F40 as its so light and precise even at speed. I always struggle with the F40 at the top of people's list - Ferrari is first and foremost a V12 company. I admit defeat,  I can't rank them other than Enzo is 5th.