bluelines:
mcdelaug:

I’ll agree that there are ways to conceal one’s footsteps with genetic engineering, but if you have enough wild type samples and make enough effort, you should be able to determine with an adequate degree of confidence if a particular genome has been significantly modified or not. I do have a PhD in molecular biology and genetically engineered a transgenic mouse model of heart failure, so I have some familiarity with the relevant techniques.

Oh, exciting! An actual expert Smiley What a welcome announcement Smiley​​​​​​ SuperPowers will of course disagree with you, as already mentioned, but let’s ignore that. 

Tell us more.

I guess you didn't read what he wrote too well...or you didn't understand it...lack of SuperPowers and all. Smiley

This is why mcdelaug mentioned that if a government would find out that the Chinese did something fishy, they would probably not make it public.

Sorry, I can't explain it to you in Swedish but I could give it a try in Schwyzerdütsch. Smiley

Btw: Molecular biology and genetics were a part of my medicine studies, even if I don't have a PhD in this and I didn't practice medicine for a long time. Better than your Swedish middle school biology class for sure. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)