MKSGR:
RC:

Markus, the 650S and the 675LT are very fast cars once they gain a bit of speed, they (especially the 675LT) basically annihilate everything moving out there at speeds over 160-180 kph. Only hypercars like the P1, the 918 or the LaFerrari are faster.

I do not know how McLaren does that but I guess they have less thermodynamical issues than other car manufacturers. yes Or the just don't care about engine lifespan since many McLaren drivers won't probably drive more than 50k km with a single car...ever.  (just a wild guess though, I don't have a clue but McLaren cars are certainly beasts when it comes to high speed performance).

But then: it depends on how one defines "annihilate"... Let's say: maybe 2-3s in case of 650s vs 991.2 turbo S (talking of 0-300kph) and maybe 4s in case of the 675LT. The delta is measurable for sure but maybe not enough to compensate, let's say for disadvantages on twisted roads/tracks. In particular as you can replicate the turbo s acceleration times under nearly all driving conditions... Just point and shoot Smiley

The car inhalitates not from 0 but from 40 up. And this is remarkable. When you look at 0-300 times between 911 turbo and 650 and then think about the awd advantage for the start, the  you can imagine the rest.

there is no disadvantages on twisty roads, the car has so much grip. Unbelievable for a rwd car.

--

AM