Lars997:

Guys,

don't hit me but I have another family van option in my head. As you know we are thinking about a Tesla but the non-fold-able last seat row is kind a no-go. 

Actually my Mercedes dealer told me that Volvo makes currently the biggest competition. I never thought about it but after he said this I went straight to the dealer and checked the car.

It looks gorgeous and it comes with a 400HP Hybrid - BUT, it is based on a 2liter 4-cylinder which produces 320HP. The car runs excellent, very smooth, quiet, fast. Consumption on the high-way is rather high (13 liter) as the hybrid is not supporting after 130 km/h. They also have a Diesel, but this only produces 235HP, also based on 2 liter 4-cylinder. Even this car feels much stronger than the 235HP, it has a compressor which kicks the Turbo to avoid any gap. This works quiet impressively. Car feels light and fast (I know, the numbers are telling different, but it feels really fast). My problem - It is less the feel of having a small 4 cylinder, than knowing about. My brain just tells me that I should not drive such a small engine, neither as Diesel nor as Hybrid. Smiley.

The leather, the appliances, the cockpit (almost like Audi, map in the cockpit) are top-notch. The assistants are excellent. The tablet acts like a iPad. Shortly said - it feels like a mix between a Tesla and a Mercedes GLS. The car interior and exterior is up to my taste. But the engine options kind of suck, even though, they feel right while driving. Check yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAwciYcOA8k

So - what would you guys suggest?

My wife's parents have one on order, I think it's a fabulous looking product, inside and out. The T8 performance is pretty good and I didn't find the 4-cil engine as disturbing as you would expect. They got a 10% rebate if I'm not mistaken.

--

2003 BMW M3 CSL (sold) / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS / 2013 MINI John Cooper Works GP / 2014 BMW Alpina D3 biturbo Touring