CGX car nut:

Continuing to buy into the hype that was fueled by Sandy Munro!?!  Building cars from large castings isn’t a new or novel concept. Several cars in the 1920s and 30s were built using that approach; however, cost and low yields made this approach not economically feasible. Audi returned to using several large castings connected with aluminum extrusions for its A8 sedan.  General Motors uses a similar approach for its C8 Corvette where four castings form much of the structure of the vehicle.  Other components are necessary for crashworthiness, cost, repairability, and assembly considerations.  

You seem to be very aware of what is going on which makes your aggressive approach to this topic a bit more strange.  My point was there is little traditional manufacturing has to offer Tesla and a legacy automaker is s not a good fit. 
Yes there will be more than 3 pieces. Are you aware of defects, manufacturing issues or poor engineering and reliability problems with other automakers?  Have there been recalls and safety issues in the past and will they continue the future? 
I don’t care if anyone here buys a Tesla or not. If I did I would give you all my referral code. As an owner and forum member I do enjoy discussing the pros and cons. I also call bullshit when information is just silly or in these cases normal in terms of stuff you run into making a complex product. 
If you want to ask me about the problems I have actually encountered or problems I see with the car I would be happy to. Right now my phone is not unlocking the car via Bluetooth like I expect so I am in the process of trouble shooting. It’s not the end of the world but it is my first such incident.  Once on a very rainy highway drive the rear passenger door claimed to be open when it was not.  The issue went away on its own an hour later.  I bet I can think of lots of things I would change or even dislike. Overall though it is an amazing deal for the money and I like.  I still drive my Turbo (just yesterday) and enjoy it as well. It is getting harder and harder to justify driving it though. I see it as a fragile investment now which is a shame.