RC:
Leawood911:
RC:
CGX car nut:

He thinks he has an answer and reply for everything.  It's all irrelevant as Tesla is facing unparalleled competition in the marketplace that it has never faced before.  This is a game of attrition and Tesla is not the longterm winner.  

Unless Tesla decides to ally themselves with a major manufacturer. Smiley

Why would they want to do that?  There is nothing at all they would bring to the table at this point other than an impossible to dispose of inventory and legacy ICE production tools. Sounds like a nightmare for Tesla and a last chance for some automaker. 

Additional capital and quality/experience. Simple.

Who has more capital?  They are soon casting the cars into two pieces and a battery pack. This will greatly simplify and reduce costs. Panel fit will be vastly improved and the new paint process going into Berlin is supposed to be world class.  The German workforce will certainly help as well. I can’t think of much a legacy automaker can bring to the table other than new problems in phasing out all the existing tech and investments in ICE factory processes and inventory.  Just not a good fit. Maybe a tech company or other EV startup.  Elon is much more interested in other forms of EV transport like planes, tunnels, boats, motorcycles and all the components like batteries and solar.  Next I see him going for sources of raw materials.   Even a car companies dealer network or service strategy would be outdated if they join Tesla. 
These are just not a good mix. In my opinion.   But it would be awesome for a legacy automaker if they can pull off being taken over by Tesla in a fire sale.  But in the end they are focused on building the ultimate factory - the machine the builds machines - and none of the current factories the ICE makers have are similar.