RC:

I have said it in the past and maybe I didn't mean it that way all the time but now I am 100% sure: No more AMG for me.

Here is the story why:

A few days ago, I received a letter in the mail. I have to urgently contact my Mercedes dealer because...hold your breath...I need new CoC papers (European car owners and dealers know what this means).

This basically means that the car has to be newly certified, it is not legal to drive it anymore. This is a highly unusual thing, that a car needs a re-certification after it has been sold. 

The reason according to Mercedes: The CO2 output and fuel consumption values in the "old" CoC document are false.

Now one would say "so what is the problem, let them give you a new CoC document and you're good", right? Wrong.

The re-certification also requires a software update for the ECU. You can guess what this means: Exactly. Less power/boost pressure at certain rev figures to push CO2 output and fuel consumption down.

I am done with Mercedes. First those exhaust sound games and now this? No thanks.

A sad story indeed.  I am afraid this is where it will be going now everywhere albeit at different speeds.... governments will not only be pushing tax incentives to buy EVs, but also push disincentives to stay with ICE cars.

--

2017 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2019 Porsche 911 Turbo