CGX car nut:

Once again, reading comprehension alludes you.  The post and linked article was about the federal government forcing Tesla to recall vehicles containing defective components and design. 

I read the article. My response indicated this was a well known failure to everyone. Many owners spent their own money if out of warranty to fix it. After years of dispute with Tesla over how to categorize the failure and who should pay the feds decided it was a defect Tesla should pay for. 
I have little problem with reading comprehension and my post was to the point. Maybe read my posts a bit longer, they don’t even contain links in this case. 
So to recap - an outsourced memory chip combined with too many read and write operations caused the chip to wear out. Can you think of any other cars, computers, appliances etc which use memory chips which have a limited number of read and write operations?  Not exactly a Tesla specific phenomenon nor did it cause any crashes or injuries. 
So hence it was not big news to me. Maybe to you. I’m certain the VW board members are just hearing about it for the first time as well and expecting Tesla to give up.