I moved from the states to Eindhoven in late 2000 - was hired by an IT firm (still exists and I still work for them in Saudi Arabia) - Stayed there for a year and took many trips across holland - it is a beautiful country and they all speak fluent english! even beggers on the streets speak perfect english to the point I was amazed. All my collegues at work spoke english as the main business language inside the company. In addition, they speak either french or german along side dutch and english. The people were very nice. I would definitely go back to visit every year if I had a chance. My only complaint is that living expenses are really really high. I spent 30% of my salary on a rooftop apartment which was about 100 year old and leaked whenever it rained, imagine if I rented a regular place. I did not have to pay as much tax as the dutch though, I was born in germany and I filled out some special papers when I was hired that exempted me from some taxes yet I did not save a single penny!.. I shiver at the thought of me having stayed there when the euro conversion happened. However, I'd defintely visit over and over again without hesitance. Great car dedam