Leawood911:

The Tesla dealer is the closest car dealer to me. When you get the car you also get the app on your phone. If you need service in the future or immediately you use the app to schedule service or road side assistance. In my case I just stop in without the app and they fix everything in minutes.

I have (lately) seldom been able to make anything happen in such an agreeably short amount of time.  The most recent issue was a failed window regulator on the 2018 P100D Model S.

Our Model S is my wife's car.  She has absolutely no interest in using a phone app to service her car.  The service-initiation function has been left to me.  I can't put the app on my phone because HIPAA-like Tesla vehicle-security forbids it.  Fortunately (unfortunately?) the Tesla service center is 5 minutes away from the office.  So I go there to sort it out.

I HATE Tesla's service procedures.  Their personnel are quite helpful (some are almost charming), but there is no way to converse with any human being unless one makes an in-person visit to the service center.  Try as one might, there is no known phone number not answered by a robot. It's quite unreasonable for a customer service center to behave this way, IMHO.

Once upon a time, I was all set to go full-Tesla for our daily drivers as they seem perfect for that duty.  The gradual change to impersonal, fire-walled, customer service has moved me ever farther away from that opinion.  The Porsche dealer may not be deeply steeped in EV knowledge, but their telephone still works as usual.

I also recognize the shortcomings of the Taycan's competitive position in the marketplace.  This leads to my interest in Lucid Motors.  One can put down a small refundable deposit (US$ 1,000) to indicate serious interest.  I have done so.  Their announced service center locations remind me of early-days Tesla which I found to be relatively pleasant.  I need to have a thorough conversation with them soon to see just how they plan to arrange the service end of things in places far flung from their points of presence.

The 2 strikes against the Taycan that I would like to remedy are cargo space and range.  The Lucid Air speaks to both.

--

Mike

918 Spyder + Taycan Turbo + Tesla Roadster 1.5 & Model S P100D AP2 + BMWs (Z8 + 3.0 CSi) + Bentley Arnage T