bluelines:
Gnil:

In my area the Tesla center is the main Audi garage.  

Smiley

The Tesla dealer is the closest car dealer to me. When you get the car you also get the app on your phone. If you need service in the future or immediately you use the app to schedule service or road side assistance. In my case I just stop in without the app and they fix everything in minutes. In my case I had a piece of trim I noticed was loose. 2 minutes later is was done. The only other need it had was when I screwed up taking off my snow tires last year and left a small centering ring on the wheel hub. Not their fault. The car made a clicking sound like a CV joint. They immediately took the wheel off, found the issue, and sent me on my way. No charge in either case. More importantly none of the failures my past cars have had could happen because this car does not have those failing parts.  So the question is what exactly do you think will fail?  We have heard no reports of lots of motor or battery failures. There are no oil changes or scheduled maintenance.  Do you feel comfortable adding windshield washer liquid?  I recall the Porsche dealer charging me to replace a turn signal bulb. Thought he would just pop it in - then he wanted money - like $50. 
Almost 17k mile and zero issues. None. 
To celebrate some recent job security I bought myself a Tesla home charger. I installed it myself yesterday cause I’m insane.   Now I can charge at 42 miles per hour rather than the 28 I had been getting using the supplied cable. Not too bad.