schmoell:

Amazing update from Tesla esp the new battery tech in the Plaid+. Capacrity seems to be between 130kWh/140kWh without needing more space; weight I do not know. Don't get over excited about the steering wheel. I think that Elon wanted to get rid of the "wheel" to prove something, but this will not pass regulations. Also note that the base model got significantly faster, which may show that Tesla designed better cooling and more efficient motors.  They are 5 yrs ahead of the pack when it comes to EVs despite the huge investments of other OEMs. At the end of the day it is not about money but about brain :) - at least my plan to get a Taycan is done for now.

Cheers
Rick
PS:  I know "Volkswagen Group will rule them all" ; there is no need to tell me again indecision

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-29 um 19.30.59.png

Smiley Elon Musk knows how to impress people and how to keep them buying his cars, no doubt.

I think there is a mentality problem with VW Group: They try to make decent cars based on what they have learned over the past 90 years or so and Tesla wants to revolutionize the EV market (and they already did).

I think VW Group needs a more aggressive and open minded approach, especially when it comes to US customers. 

Americans love stuff like that (and apparently some Germans too Smiley), so the Taycan Turbo S won't cut it.

Of course Porsche will again argue that their car is more refined, more luxurious, sportier and whatnot but reality is that the Taycan is overpriced and underperforming for the price it costs.

Now take a guess why I didn't get a Cayenne Turbo S as my next family truck. Or an Audi RS Q8 for that matter. Yes, the quality may not be at par with European/German products but US cars are fun. They are fun because Americans still understand what customers want in certain segments.

Surprisingly, Porsche knows exactly what Americans want in the sports car department but they are not capable to impress in other departments. The emotional side has been forgotten.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)