crayphile:
Whoopsy:
nberry:

WOW. Having to go through all those calculations (+stress) isn’t worthy of any car. Smiley

That's fact of life for EVs. Not even Tesla with their supercharger network is immune. 

In a normal car, people just get in and go, gas stations are beyond numerous so there will always be one somewhere. Not so with EV chargers. 

I have been saying this from the beginning, infrastructure is always the key to adoption, when chargers can be remotely close to the density of gas station, EV will win the war.

And herein lies the achilles heal of my Taycan Turbo S. It is surprisingly good to drive (in Sport or Sport Plus, very "floaty" in Normal) but never again will I use it for along journey. The charging infrastructure in the UK is currently woefully inadequate unless one has a Tesla.

And that's the reason I kept my Panamera turbo S instead of replacing it with the Taycan. Can't beat doing 800+km a tank on hybrid mode in a 680hp car on the highway.

Once I get to the destinations I can take advantage of local charging and drive around as a electric car every day. Best of both world.

Heck even in my 918 in hybrid mode I did just about 650km a tank on the highway. 

--