Leawood911:
RC:
Wonderbar:

All a matter of particular circumstances and personal preferences. When I had a family of four to take around, I had a Cayenne Turbo S. When I had my wife and a few her friends to take around, I had a Panamera Turbo. Now since my children are grown and my wife works at home most of the time, I love my 992 C4S, which is a fantastic daily driver. We are all very fortunate to have these options, and a fine car company like Porsche to offer fine and particular products  for us to choose from.

Smiley I never wanted a big SUV again as a daily driver but the Trackhawk was just so damned unreasonable that I couldn't resist. I could have bought a Challenger or Charger with the same engine instead but daily drivability is not good without AWD, especially in Germany where the daily driver needs to work in winter time as well.

For me, a daily driver needs to be fun as well. I know that many people who have sports cars get a Smart Smiley or something very common as a daily driver because they have that "other" car at home and they don't care but trust me, if you drive a car on a daily basis to work or wherever and you are a car person, you want to enjoy this drive as much as you enjoy driving your sports car. 

The Trackhawk will very likely be my last SUV.

Did you mean to say ‘reasonable’. Freudian slip. 

Smiley Well... 

Funny story: A friend, who asked me a few months ago about what car he should get next, got himself a Taycan 4S. 

He came to my office to show me the car and saw the Trackhawk on the parking lot. "What is this", he asked me and I explained it to him. I do not know if he was pissed or just disappointed but he literally told me that I am a hypocrite. He thought I would get a Taycan as well because I "sold" him the Taycan so passionately. 

He wanted an EV and yes, I think the Taycan is great but I never said I would get one myself, only that I am thinking about it. Smiley 

I noticed that once (some) people get themselves an EV, they seem to demonize ICE cars. Same here, I wanted to show him the engine but he couldn't care less. Every other guy I met, first thing they wanted to look under the hood. Smiley

We fight about politics, now we fight about EV and ICE vehicles. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)