I wouldn't rely too much on manufacturers like Glickenhaus. Future EU laws are already cutting down on exemptions for small manufacturers, soon these small manufacturers will have to fulfil the same certifications the big ones do. Game over for them then I'm afraid. Unless they come up with something completely new and innovative (which I doubt). When the EU does this, California and the US won't be far behind, maybe there are even plans in California to do this? For ICEs, the air is getting thinner and looking at Ferrari's next project, the Purosangue, a SUV, I would rather expect a SUV from McLaren as well at some point, rather than some special sports car.  angry

Car manufacturers need to make money, the competition has grown and even small producers cannot ignore market demands (or new regulations for that matter) anymore.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)