Leawood911:

Actually , as mentioned. Tesla does not presently have this bi-directional charging. Lucid will come out with this first. Tesla owners do schedule their charging during cheap times - If they care. And of course Tesla sells power walls which do the same thing. And power wall owners, where possible, actually do sell power back to the grid - I don’t know what to say. Hope it is okay for me to point this out 
secondly - the number of homes which do support charging far outstrips the available batteries. Again. - ask the automakers.  Are these are the current target market.  When selling cars you look at possible number of customers. As long as this number far exceeds supply your focus on getting everyone charging capability becomes way secondary. I hear RC - but you are looking at it from your perspective as a customer and not an automaker, they don’t really care if it not practical for some as long as they can’t make them fast enough. Not ideal but reality bites. This is why you are happy with you amazing SUV!

Thirdly - the actual amount of electricity used to charge the car at your home is very small actually. My monthly payment for car charging is less than $15. That is $.50 per day on average.  So the amount of power is relatively small - if you can use the batteries to balance the grid at the same time the net positive effect is huge.  

Check your facts - maybe I’m wrong. while there are certainly places where charging is behind - batteries is the true shortfall presently.  Your location may of course be challenged as well but overall if everyone who can charge wants an EV it will be a battery supply problem. 

In fact Model 3 seems to have that feature for whatever reason,  -  https://electrek.co/2020/05/19/tesla-bidirectional-charging-ready-game-changing-features/