Leawood911:

Nice review and lots of what he said about it being disposable is true. For sure. Sadly it is also clear that like many other reviewers he really did not know much about the car. He was not using the latest self driving beta for one thing. The extra $10k for full self driving was $5k a year ago and will keep going up. It will also be available by subscription which makes more sense. All model3 already have all the required hardware and sensors. He is wrong when he thinks the $10k includes extra hardware.  It is not that the $55 k car has the same interior as the $38k car. It is that they are both identical except for the extra motor and bigger battery. Similarly the dual motor and performance model are identical except for the brakes and wheels.  These are just marketing and engineering differences we are not used to.  The buyer of the cheaper car wins in this case. Why complain about that.  Then there is the usual complaint that common controls are only on the touch screen. Nothing could be further from the truth. All common controls are either on the wheel or on the control stalks.  The temp controls are front and center along the bottom of the center screen and are all available via voice control and via smartphone anywhere in the world.  Nothing could be simpler in terms of common controls. Of course the cars does millions of other things which can’t possibly be controlled via old fashioned buttons. These are all functions other cars don’t even do so what is the point?  Again - it would help if reviewers were more familiar with the car. Same with acceleration - seems he did not go past 100.  Since it has one gear and a .23 drag cd it actually pulls hard all the way up to 165 and hits it quickly.  Note the mention of overbuilt suspension components- again the same ones used in the $38k car and the performance model.  
The the wind noise - since that is all you hear I get that it is audible. I would be curious how loud it is in db on the highway vs an ICE car. 
I guess I have been lucky with build quality. Mine is a rattle free vault. 
These were build while Tesla was fighting to stay alive. Imagine how they will do with capital backing them. Stay tuned 

You mean the ones that keep breaking or missing bolts and nuts? Smiley

You 'addition' here is why most people hate Tesla fans. it is like they simply cannot take half an oz of criticism. There is no 'fair' reporting unless the reporting paint a rosy picture of a Tesla.  

Not his fault that Tesla keep jackign up the price of a software feature than they have yet to deliver. Btw, subscription model is the worse end user model there is. Instead of buying something outright, someone is forced to 'rent' something. 

Tesla using a touch screen to control everythign is not a user centric feature, it's a cost cutting feature. One screen with all virtual buttons is much cheaper than placing buttons that cost something each. Porsche is guilty of that too in the Taycan. You cannot have a worse control interface in a moving automobile than touch screens. Just look inside your car, if touch screen is really that much better than physical buttons, then your steering and gas an brake control would have been on the touch screen. 

Tesla built most of their cars in ONE way without regards of content is simply to cut cost. The only want to pump out as many car a possible to make Elon's quarterly target in rover to prop up the stock price. It's quicker for workers to assemble the same thing over and over again instead of having them customized individually. Even his initial vision of using only robots to built cars was for cost purposes and nothing else. He found out the hard way that it doesn't work, he almost killed the company all together.

Sorry to be so direct, truth hurts. 

--