Topspeed:

US investigating possible suspension failures on 115,000 Tesla vehicles

According to an announcement on Friday, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHSTA) said a probe was launched into two Tesla models after 43 complaints were received.

The NHSTA will now start investigations  into the 2015 - 2017 Model S Sedan and 2017 Model X SUVs, which were  reported to have unsafe suspension systems.

Some  32 owners complained that the suspension, allowing contact between the  tyre and wheel liner, had failed on roads at low speeds.

At  the same time, 11 Tesla owners reported suspension problems on roads  while travelling above 10 mph, and four at highway speeds.

Let’s be real. They are looking at two model years no longer for sale. 46 incidents with no injuries at low speeds. (Most likely due to drivers curbing cars). Tesla will fix any parts they find and newer parts have been installed for years now. What a scandal that an automaker after a few years discovered that a part may not be strong enough in rare cases. 
I don’t see them refusing to make repairs nor do I see any deliberate attempt at cutting costs and making an unsafe product on purpose. If anything this is textbook response to an engineering issue which would make current and future owners happy.  I have had far worse issues with Porsche engines to the tune of $10,000’s.