996FourEss:

Whoopsy, know you have done this, but try an Alps pass in the summer and you need to watch out for cyclists, motor-bikes, tourists, camper vans, trucks and boy racers from the big cities, not to mention the odd hiker or random stop in the middle of the road for a photo type.... you almost have to drive on the assumption there is a cyclist coming around every corner ....

Tell me about it...we actually "lost" a hole day for nothing driving to some of our favorite routes, just to encounter exactly what you mentioned...this time in really excessive numbers (it was after the Corona lockdown was eased in spring here in Germany). Some of us drove home earlier because it was pointless (we were doing 30-40 kph on some roads Smiley).

We love driving fast but on public roads, this is a very tricky thing to do. Usually, we have an "outlook" (I think Whoopsy knows the drill from his organized European driving adventures Smiley) driving ahead of us but when there is too much traffic, there is too much traffic. I am not talking about driving 200 kph on a simple country road, I am talking about nice curves and turns, where it is sometimes difficult to actually safely maintain the legal speed limit (100 kph). Smiley 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)