Shaich:

Maybe things got also a bit out of propotion? Don't you think? 25 Mil is a lot of money... Sure its not the 40 Mil that Ham makes at the moment... but even your list shows, at the moment only two temas would have problems keeping their drivers with that cap. IMO its better to cap driver salary to 30 Mil than make cuts on development. I love F1 and in order to keep the nature of this sport you should not cap the development, as this is what makes the sport so fascinating... I also dont understand the Engine dev. regulations.. Tokken BS, just let them develop... I miss many things from tha past, the refueling for example... or the old quali mode run as much as you want! Why limit tyers??? I wish the drivers wouldt have to look after their tyres so much and could just push! I thing now I am fading way from the topic Smiley...  

I think you are missing the point.

Hamilton is the standard, and other drivers on the grid are looking up to him as a benchmark. Even Max.

While Max probably thinks he is just as fast as Hamilton, he is also dreaming of one day getting paid the same. Maybe not 40 mil as he isn't a 6 time coming up 7 time world champion, but 30 mil isn't unrealistic considering his potential. Under the new rule he absolutely cannot get 30 mil and he is almost already at the limit at where teams can pay him. 

Same can be said of Leclerc, who is also believing that Ferrari can turn things around and fight for a title. 

These young guns are the future of F1, F1 needs them. Putting a cap on their salary isn't fair to them.

There are many things wrong with F1, but driver salary isn't close to being at the top of the list. 

Without refuelling, limiting tire life is an artificial to make cars stop and get the pit crew involved. Token systems is for preventing more well off teams from spending loads more money developing updates. 

The major thing that's wrong with F1 right now is the rigid regulation. They needed to open the regulation to encourage creativity. Develop an engine formula that can let teams race from a 4 cylinder to a V12, let them have creative aero packages, etc. 

They wanted to look 'green', hence the hybrid formula, but that doesn't mean they have to be this rigid in the guidelines where when an engine manufacturer didn't nail the solution like Mercedes did, they are screwed. 

--