RC:

Speaking of manual (a little bit off-topic, of course ): My son is doing driving school right now and the owner of the driving school told him that he is the only one (out of 16 people) who wants to drive and do the driving exam with a manual. She asked him if he doesn't want to reconsider because they have only one manual car left and mostly automatic cars. Just saying...manual is a dying breed. My son of course still sticks to manual because he wants to be able to drive manual cars as well. I think this is a sound decision, even if I doubt he will enjoy manual. 

Untill last year, In Switzerland , if you did your driver's with an automatic, then it stated in your licence that you are only allowed to drive automatic.

This year they have dropped that law and now you can do whatever you like. So basically all young people do their drivers with an automatic as it is easier. My son started driving school 3 weeks ago. I ''forced'' him into doing it with a manual. All his friends are doing with automatic. To me this is a sign government is pushing for automatic only, as most of these new drivers will then never ever want to drive a manual. 

When I go with  my son for   learning rides with an ''L'' at the back of the car, we take the 964 Smiley Yesterday, for a change we took the 997 Carrera S as he wanted to see how it felt driving it ... Got a few strange looks fro the other people on the road.

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS