mcdelaug:
BjoernB:

unless the technology evolves fast to different kind of batteries - it's pretty crazy for 1 person mostly to need +2 tons of limited raw materials to accelerate and de-accelerate going  from A to B wasting much energy just to move it's weight.

I agree with this. Maybe I’ll feel better about it when fusion is connected to the grid...

Fusion...always "just" a couple of decades away. Smiley

No fusion reactor design has produced more fusion power output than the electrical power input, so it kind of defeats the purpose of such a reactor. Smiley

The most promising project ITER, an international collaboration of more than 35 nations, is expected to produce first plasma around 2025. This still doesn't meant that fusion will be commercially usable, the expected Q = 10 fusion energy gain factor won't be reached fast, if ever. Smiley So many challenges.

Meaning: I'm not sure if you or me are going to live long enough to experience the commercialization of nuclear fusion. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)