Shaich:
RC:
DaveChapin:

I absolutely love that Hummer

Me too. With 1000 hp and off-road capabilities, this thing should sell well. 

I like it, had two Hummer rentals in the US when the kids were small, we all loved the Hummer.

It sold out already... at least the edition 1 that should be delivered in 2021,.. only options available now are the less powerful ones that should be delivered 22,23 &24... an each year there is less power... I don’t really get this strategy Smiley

Easy strategy to understand.  EV component costs remain relatively high in relation to component costs associated with ICE production.   Therefore, General Motors is seeking to maintain margins by introducing the most expensive version first, it becomes a halo product to draw consumers into the GMC showrooms where it is hoped the consumer will purchase other products, and as production levels increase, General Motors is able to introduce lower priced variants and still cover its desired margins.  

Look for key components of the Hummer EV to appear in other General Motors products in the next few years including a rumored Cadillac Escalade-type SUV.  

Interestingly, while looking at the images of the Hummer, one sees more linage with the Chevrolet Avalanche and the Lamborghini LM002 than the Hummer H1 or H2.  I have visited the AM General facility where the original H1 was built and where the H2 was assembled under contract for General Motors.  The H1 still remains an amazing vehicle with unparalleled off-road capabilities.