MKSGR:
RC:

Nobody can beat EV performance, in a couple of years, we are going to see performance figures in regular cars which would fit a current super sportscar. I won't even start with those ultra hyper EV cars which will be available in a couple of years, I do not think that current sports cars will have even the slightest chance to beat them, especially in straight line performance.

Let's face it: EVs are probably the future in any possible car (and maybe even truck/bus) category but when it comes to emotional driving fun, our current ICE cars will be a completely different story here.

I just wonder what sense an ultra hyper EV sports car makes with 2000 hp, doing 0-200 kph (124 mph) in 5 seconds, when almost every country on this planet has a lower speed limit. Germany will follow, it is just a matter of time.

So in the end, our ICE fun cars will be the one people want...if they have the money to pay for gas. Smiley 

I totally disagree. EV performance to date is far below the ICE level.

That. Smiley

Also, wait for the Tesla S Plaid. I might get one (not sure yet, I have so many cars on my "list" right now but for my business, an EV would make sense most...cost-wise), why not get the fastest when I have to get one? Smiley

Do you really think Porsche couldn't put a bigger battery into the Taycan and make a 1200 hp car out of it? Range at full output power? Who gives a crap when this thing would hit the quarter mile below 9 seconds. Smiley Similar to the new Tesla S Plaid. If true.

Markus, electric motors and electronics plus amazing software are a very good mix, they can basically build a car which almost defies physics (limited by tires and asphalt quality only). Don't underestimate EV tech, in a couple of years, it will be shockingly efficient and fast (not talking about range necessarily...yet). 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)