Leawood911:

In my experience I find myself much more likely to go out all over town and explore. Rather than worry about range I love to go places for a penny per mile. There is nothing like it.  This has nothing to do with superchargers. I’m talking everyday use with charging at home. I put 16k miles on mine in 10 months of work from home living. We would take it out at night and just drive around. So my experience is exactly opposite of what whoopsy describes. Thankfully. 

While it is nice to keep the battery charged there is zero difference in performance if your model3 is at 90% or 30%. One will just last longer. Power does not drop until you get about 50 miles remaining. Then It is very sharp and noticeable.  

With 270 miles of DAILY around town driving range I am not a slave to any cord. Nor am I a slave to a gas station or huge fuel bills.  I would reckon there are more of me - budget and fun oriented drivers - than 918 owners.  They have less tangible standards.  Some of which I wish I could afford. 

Even my Panamera turbo S with 36ish km of electric range is good enough for me to go around town.

I can randomly pick a destination in Canada, or the USA, be it Seattle, Toronto or Orlando right now, and jump in my Panamera, or any car except my e-Tron or Taycan, and just drive there. No need to make sure it is fully charged or full of fuel. Gas station are everywhere and I. can start with a empty tank and still get fuelled up in 5 mins. If I want do to such a spontaneous trip in a EV, I can't. I need to either open my computer and start searching for charing stations and plan around those stations, or I could jump in the car right away but needed to program my destination and have the car find me chargers along the way. If a charger is close by, I don't quite have to make sure the car is fully charged, but I still need to waste time finding a charger, or I could start driving right away but needed the passenger to enter destination or search, or I do it myself while driving. 

Starting with a full charge means I have a bit more time to search for the next charger, but that also means I needed to remember to plug it in the night before. 

Like I said, doing the EV lifestyle means you are tethered to a plug. Even in a Tesla with a vast network of superchargers, one is still driving around their locations. Not really 'freedom'. 

--